My method - generic
Posted By: Ray Calvo <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, 5 March
2001, at 12:34 p.m.
In Response To: How to flush the
brake system on 993? (Chris) Contributed by Ray Calvo
As suggested by John
Wohlever for 95 or earlier 993s there is a drain off tube by next to the
brake fluid resorvior, it will need to be clamped prior to the bleeding
process or else the pressurized brake fluid will drain off from there.
1) Pull as much old fluid out ofreservoir
as possible with a turkey baster, refill with fresh fluid.
2) Fill Power Bleeder with new fluid
3) Hook Power Bleeder to master cylinder
4) Start at right rear; remove wheel
5) I built up a drain bottle which had
a "tee" in it, with a separate 1/4" or so clear plastic tubing attached
to each part of the upper "tee". Each tubing end gets attached to a bleed
6) Open both bleed screws, drain out a
1/4 pint or so (fluid looks clear with no bubbles).
7) Close bleed screws, remove tubing, reattach
8) Go to LR, RF, LF in that succession
and repeat (4)-(7).
During (6), helps to tap brake caliper
with a rubber or wood mallet.